Centre‘s mission – to increase the opportunities of independent integration into society of socially most deprived persons, and families, to minimize distress and social disjuncture.
Goal of centre‘s activities – to implement the social services strategy, which aims:
- at the creation of living conditions that sustain the dignity of human beings;
- at the assistance for a person to integrate into society, when the one cannot do it alone due to his/ her age, disability, poverty, or other reasons;
- at the creation of alternative social services for the groups of socially maintained persons.
- To organise and implement social service delivery programmes and projects in the municipal area;
- To help to recreate the abilities of a person to live independently, to integrate into the family and society;
- To organize and provide qualitative social services for the elderly, the disabled, families, and other people according to their needs;
- To create the social service network in the society, to bring social services closer to dwelling-places of persons;
- To expand social service delivery, orienting towards the variety of social services.
Main groups of clients that we provide our service to:
- the elderly;
- the disabled;
- social risk families;
- families, upbringing handicapped children;
- the adults at social risk.
Centre‘s former and present projects:
1. „Training programme for healthy lifestyle and sanitary skills of social risk families in Kaunas district“, (2007-2009 s.y.);
2. „A family without violence“ (2008- 2009 s.y. );
3. „Kulautuva children day care centre“ (2008);
4. „ I want to grow up with my father and mother“ (2008);
5. „Self-expression through folklore, pottery of the disabled in Kaunas district“, (2008);
6. „Motivation of the participation of the disabled in public life using public information measures“the project has been implemented together with the Charity and Support Fund „Nemuno krašto vaikai“(2008);
7. „Prevention of psychoactive substances use in social risk families of Kaunas district“, (2007-2008 s. y.);
8. „ Socialization problem of children from social risk families in Kaunas district“, (2007-2009 s.y);
Service centre both implements its activities and accomplishes the following functions:
- provides information and consults people from the municipality area about social service problems;
- implements goals and tasks of the institution, delivers social services to people from Kaunas region, giving priority to ambulatory social services;
- identifies and determines social problems, arranges programmes and projects of social service delivery, safeguards their implementation, foresees effective solution means;
- guarantees the quality, the validity and the fairness of social services,
- in regard to financial potentiality, develops the network of social services;
- organises (purchases) and delivers social services;
- concludes collective activity, partnership agreements with other social partners: public institutions and organisations, religious communities, legal and natural entities.
Social services for residents of Kaunas district
- Transportation service used for transporting the disabled to treating and rehabilitation institutions;
- Free firewood supply service;
- Social risk families can be provided with these social services:
- Programme of food supply from intervention stocks for the benefit of the most deprived persons.
- Technical maintenance‘s tools supply service.
- Sheltered accommodation supply service.
- Food supply service.
- Nourishment supply in canteens or other nourishment institutions of the municipality of Kaunas district.
- Takeaway service, hot food home delivery (Babtai eldership), laundry washing service.
- Programme of accommodation adjustment for the disabled.
- Contribution supply service
- Social assistance provided by the crisis centre for the families:
intensive assistance for solutions to crisis;
temporal settlement up to 3 days (for women and their children);
short – term social protection up to 6 months (for women and their children);
psychologists‘ consultations with families.